Thursday 2 March 2017

Thu 2 Mar 2017 Pizza time and bike exercise

For dinner tonight Elise and I ate freshly made pizza. Not ordinary  pizza but pizza made by Elise with help from Rita from Occupational Health. She put herself out in getting the ingredients and helping Elise make it happen. Thanks Rita!

Four were made, now two left


In case you are wondering... dairy free and vegetarian!
Today Elise tried for the second time to pedal a lying down exercise bike (on Tuesday she had her first go and was able to pedal very slowly by herself). Unfortunately, she was a bit tired and gave up after a few goes.

In action
Video link of learning to pedal
https://goo.gl/photos/7CyCQzgkHU9Hn3pd9

On the medical side, apparently Elise hasn't responded as well as they hoped to the chemo, so they will be significantly increasing the next dose to 1gm. They are aiming to get the white blood cells to 3-4 range, which is the point needed to ensure the Lupus is suppressed. Hopefully the increased chemo will work. Also, of note another decrease in steroids.... prednisolone down from 25mg to 22mg per day (they are slowing the pace of dropping now). 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elise,
    That pizza looks pretty good! Do you deliver? :-)

    Looks like you have been keeping the pathologists in business. I hope the process is getting easier for you. I’m a good customer myself and I find myself mentally ‘grading’ their performance - 'gentle entry...good, minimal jostling during extraction, OOH she dropped the ball with rough exit!’ :-) Sometimes I’d love to say it out loud!

    So sorry to hear that the nausea is still plaguing you. :-( This may not comfort you much, but you do get used to chronic nausea. I’m sure yours is more intense, but when I first started my hateful relationship with nausea, it could be all-consuming. Now I am able to compartmentalise it better. I hope the premise applies for you too.

    Mum and I have really wanted to come and visit you. I haven’t been so well myself lately, but I’m looking forward to picking up and swinging by. Hopefully on pizza day! ;-)
    We thinking of you every day and pray Our Heavenly Father will give you and your wonderful family strength.
    Much love, Sonia (with love and hugs from Aunty Pauline and Uncle John) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elise,
    You are a very good pizza maker! They look delicious! We had pizzas last night, with most of our family, who had attended the Canterbury Family Camp, but I didn't have time to make them, so a list was made, and everybody had a few slices of their favourite one from the pizza shop!!!! I am sure you enjoyed your Saturday at home with Poppy and Mum and Dad.....and sleeping in your own bedroom. Nothing quite like Home Sweet Home, but it's great that you are making progress little by little while in hospital. You are a very brave girl and we love to see you smiling in your photos, as I am sure sometimes you don't feel like smiling. Sending lots of love, Susan and Paul XX

    ReplyDelete